Discuss Advice needed re tiling job in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Nice to see he's protected the bath not have you checked it for any damage ,as it should at minimum have a dust sheet in it :mad:

J

Just Rizzle

first thing i do is check the quality of the tiles they look a bit on the rubbish side to me and if you start with rubbish the job ends up rubbish. the saying cant make a silk purse with a pigs ear comes to mind

Reaction score
That looks horrendous, maybe there is a slight bow in the tile but still, looking at that I’d say they didn’t even bother checking the walls with a straight edge and just followed the walls with a 6mm serration ......lips everywhere, grouting is so rough, i would condemn that and not pay....( why should you have to pay for a mess like that!.)..rushed, poor workmanship imho......needs taking down and start from scratch with correct preparation and correct practice.....NOT GOOD!.....NOT GOOD AT ALL.......people doing shoddy work like this should be kicked out of this trade.....I see it all the time it’s shocking!......was it done by a Tiler or multitrader?

Reaction score
They are out there but I think they are few & far between from what I have seen over the years ......if this was carried out by someone that just does tiling for a living then sumthin is a miss......

T

Time's Ran Out

I think in this day and age of PC we are not meant to blame Jack for all mistakes!
Multi traders have an important role to play in the interior installation of modern bathrooms and I’ve been impressed by the standard and knowledge of many tradesmen who take the responsibility of the whole job.
Taking 4 weeks this was not a rush job as suggested by @Mark W Smith and certainly the quality of tile has a lot to do with the resultant finish. However an experienced tiler would have confirmed the suitability of the materials prior to fixing and appropriate advice given. Also I’am surprised we are seeing finished pictures and it has not been ‘pulled’ from day 1.

O

On one

Not sure what the connection is between the plumber and the tiler.
But surely the plumber could have seen something was amiss and held off from 2nd fixing. Then again!

Reply to Advice needed re tiling job in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks