Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Advice needed re tiling job in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. Roddy

Roddy Active Member

Hi

I have just had a bathroom re done and the bathroom done. Job took 4 weeks instead of the agreed 2 weeks.

I’m not happy with the tiling and wanted to get an expert opinion.

Firstly the tiles are not straight on lots of them. (Edges sticking with shadows at night) and the grout is flaky, patchy, different depths and different shades of white throughout.

Would you accept this quality and release payment? If not what would your recommendation be?

Roddy

1CE84C5D-4CC5-4029-8395-BB7BCC32AF88.jpeg B0EB4ADA-3A5C-43C8-97BB-B9EAA8D90C3C.jpeg F528003E-E459-4162-8D07-0CBE6974C211.jpeg 120CCC10-9C3B-47C4-9790-8597125D4F5F.jpeg 4795463E-E44A-4969-9AF5-CECA9D1EDB8E.jpeg 63369C7D-72DB-49A7-87EE-A109CB34E06D.jpeg 5B88EC6A-5A75-458C-AB50-2BD50CAD0BBA.jpeg

2. Andy Rhodes

Andy Rhodes Active Member

The tiling looks shocking and you can see those lipped tiles your on about,but what's not helping matter is the shadow that is been cast by the downlight above your shower head.Yes I would definitely hold on to your cash until the tiling has been sorted out whilst also have that downlight moved somewhere other than above the showerhead.

3. jcrtiling

jcrtiling Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler TTA Member Top Contributor

Still look on the bright side at least you got somewhere to put your shampoo bottle

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. pdc

pdc Only a Handyman... Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

Have you got any spare tiles? Can you post a picture of 2 face to face?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Boggs

Boggs Professional Tiler

Bowed tiles was my first thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chalker

Chalker Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

Tiling isn’t good. But the tiles look bent like bananas .
    Did you supply the tiles?

7. Roddy

Roddy Active Member

Tiles look fine . See pic.

Update:

They came back today to do more grouting. Is it just me or is this a poor job?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

8. pdc

Can you put the glazed surfaces together and post a picture.

9. Andystiletiling

Andystiletiling Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

If it were the tiles everyone would be lipped, there are areas that look ok..granted they are far and few between. Would more suspect it to be crap walls, no prep and maybe a blob or two on the back of each tile.. Any pictures of the prep?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Roddy

Roddy Active Member

Basically no prep from what I remember. Here are some pics

FEBF0441-18E9-406E-B7FC-07B563735E4F.jpeg A61F1A60-3DDE-4774-9C64-D04C85D22357.jpeg

11. Roddy

Roddy Active Member

The tiles wall at the window was installed by the Fitter.

12. Roddy

Roddy Active Member

Here are tiles

image.jpg image.jpg

13. pdc

The tiles do have a bit of a bow in them which will exasperate the lippage problem, particularly with half bond.
    That said, the preparation doesn't appear too thorough.

14. widler

widler Professional Tiler

Tiles slightly dip in each corner, so you would probably get a slight lip , but most are not slight lips.
    They have tiled on ply on the window wall, I can’t see any primer on the old sand lime walls either, unless it was done after .
    Bit ropey really

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. JulianSidney

JulianSidney Billy no mates. Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler Top Contributor

have you checked box, website and shop for laying instructions. May say not to be fixed half bond

• Agree Agree x 1