Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Advice needed on job finished today please in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Australia
OP
J

Just Rizzle

Please checkout the following advertisement.
nice job andy just one thing hits me straight off the cooker splash back not central

OP
F

Flintstone

If you look at the photos ray you will see a full tile to the right wall, centralising at the cooker area would create a very small slither in the corner, I assume Andy had to make an executive decision

OP
A

Al875319

If you look at the photos ray you will see a full tile to the right wall, centralising at the cooker area would create a very small slither in the corner, I assume Andy had to make an executive decision
He phoned and gave me the choice as a courtesy, but clearly this is the better option rather than tiny tiles.

OP
J

Just Rizzle

if you take a center line you have two ways to tile from it
1 full tile from the line
2 move the centre line a quarter of the distance of the tile lenght
so 200mm tile you move your centre line 50 mm this will give you equal cuts on ether side but on separate courses

OP
W

Waluigi

I think Metros look OK in a kitchen.

Bathrooms take far too long doing them though so I always advise against it because ‘there’s more grout to get dirty in the shower

It’s all clever stuff this marketing malarkey.

OP
J

Just Rizzle

a lot of you guys on here are just tilers i also do high end lvt flooring were the setting out can be crucial to the look of the job and i have a thing for lines so if things are not central would do my head

OP
J

Just Rizzle

Off setting the hob was a compromise to avoid slithers, which with grey grout looks awful..( check the original pics)..

But what do I know, I'm just a tiler...;)
if that was my walls i would prefer to have 2 small slithers than the centre piece of the work the focal point out of alignment you can always hide the slithers behind some pots etc you can never hide the focal point.

did you try measuring it 50mm to the left or right of centre another way you could of disguised it is by having the 2nd course as the 1st this would of taken the line of the hob away from the 1st course line.

all im doing is giving my observations to your pictures and my view to help people improve there craft.

OP
I

Italy

a lot of you guys on here are just tilers i also do high end lvt flooring were the setting out can be crucial to the look of the job and i have a thing for lines so if things are not central would do my head
it seems to me that you are exaggerating
if you have any unnecessary comments to make in this trend
it is better to go to the appropriate section. (Arm)
thank you

OP
J

Just Rizzle

so am i not allowed to make justifiable comments that are valid questions .
you have done a great job 100 times better than the original.
but just think about what i have said with out the red mist

Reply to Advice needed on job finished today please in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock