Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Advice Needed - Is this Acceptable? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
As the tiles are oblong they will only line up one way...

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If that's a grout joint by the trim (can't quite make it out).......then it should of been a full tile length to the corner ...

B

Bill

The first photo you posted - the tile joint is off set because the tiler started with a full tile from the tile trim on the flat surface (hidden cistern?) which is common practice but the tiler could have put a cut in to line up the joint.

The other joints don't look too bad but those joints could be like that because the tiles may well be different sizes - another common problem. If this is the case then it is impossible to have perfect joint alignment.

There are far, far worse tile jobs - in fact this is probably an 8.75 out of 10.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Imo that would look weirded, 2 small cuts next to a full tile...
Unless I'm looking at it wrong...

Just re -read everything......I was referring to making the best of what was there.

But yes the whole wall to the left could of been worked out to line up the joint.

Which is what I think tom was on about...

I don't know, it's been a long day..:(

Last edited:
B

Bill

Look at this @Andy Allen

grey tile.jpeg

Reply to Advice Needed - Is this Acceptable? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock