Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Adhesive between tiles? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
S

spoony

Please checkout the following advertisement.
No way is that 80-90 % coverage.
To prove it tell him to take a tile off
Originally admitted it was spot fixed and when I shared TTA link,then said it was not.

I've said exactly that - let's take a couple of tiles off together and see whether we have blobs or trowel marks.

Many thanks for the advice here. If he is not willing to redo then I will be looking for a new tiler.

On a separate Q, what tile brands would the experts here recommend? I want whatever goes up to last and I see many of you won't work (understandably) with poor products.

OP
F

Flintstone

Your best off finding a mid range porcelain tile from your local tile shop, rather than diy centre, in my opinion. I have refused a British ceramic tile job only last week, and told them to buy a better tile, plenty of choice out there without breaking the bank

OP
S

spoony

Your best off finding a mid range porcelain tile from your local tile shop, rather than diy centre, in my opinion. I have refused a British ceramic tile job only last week, and told them to buy a better tile, plenty of choice out there without breaking the bank

Thanks. Any particular brands to keep an eye out for? Eg I've seen a lot of Troy in B&Q. Then I've seen Porcelanosa and Fired Earth. I don't mind paying for good quality , it's just tricky working out what is quality and what is just paying for the name

OP
S

spoony

Tiler swears they are not dot and dabbed.....picture suggests otherwise!

I've now pulled the whole lot down and removed tiler after he refused to redo.

I just want to say a big thanks to @Chris_32 , @Del W and @Simon Dale , all of whom have taken the time to talk to me and even visit to inspect all the work.

IMG_20180310_152019.jpg

OP
S

spoony

Now I am back to the plywood (which tiler says is not plumb) what is the best way to get a flat, straight wall? Would you ever use https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ to stick cement board to the plywood (allowing you to make the wall plumb)?

...Or is that silly and is the answer to rip back to the studwork and correct from there?

Reply to Adhesive between tiles? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock