Discuss Acceptable floor tiling or not? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

EazyTileZ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi im a long time lurker of this forum. Just want to say its a great forum full of brilliant information and tips. Odd bit of comedy too which is nice. Anyways i am a reasonably experienced tiler who has recently gone self employed. I did a job the other day and the customer has come back saying there not happy. Just would like to hear thoughts of this forum. Is the customer justified to have over 60% of money back?

I offered to go back and resolve issues bit was told the partial refund would be preferred which i agreed to.

IMG_1110.JPG IMG_1111.JPG IMG_1112.JPG

T

Time's Ran Out

Welcome to the forum.
As you’ve admitted the faults and agreed the refund - then yes they are entitled to their money back.
With spacers, lasers and levelling clips there should be no reason for uneven joints.

O

One Day

Hi and welcome. All I see are 4 misaligned tiles. Is this the whole complaint? Is there more to it? Why are they misaligned? Why didn't you use spacers or are the tiles so badly sized?
I'll admit I'm totally ocd with my work, but I couldn't live with that?
More info needed really...
Oh, and welcome again!

O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Well if that’s it and there’s only 8 tiles on the floor, maybe. :D

Q

Qwerty

Welcome to the forum

As the other guys have said really. In the past we have all had to work with very sizey tiles. Sometimes this results in uneven spacing but if this is the case then a slightly wider joint should be used to disguise the variation.

Are the tiles level or is it the variation in grout joint they are unhappy with?
Were you not given the opportunity to rectify any issues?
What tiles are they?

T

Time's Ran Out

Can I just note his last paragraph.

[QUOTE="EazyTileZ, post: 886970, member: 47610"

I offered to go back and resolve issues bit was told the partial refund would be preferred which i agreed to.

He’s admitted his mistakes.
He pays the price - yes/no?

Q

Qwerty

As John says, you've agreed with the customer so that issue is finite really

Why were the grout joints so varied?

G

GoneGuy

Were the tiles from a diy store?
Are all the tiles different sizes?
But as you admitted fault then unfortunately you’ll have to pay the agreed sum.

M

Mod

Zoom in shots can make anything look bad. Ive not seen a tiling job yet where l cant find faults if I look hard enough. The tiles look quite big. With the white grout and missalignment it stands out more thats true. Prob is people c pics in magazines etc and think there tilescwill be perfect but they very rarely are.

Skipp3r

TF
Reaction score
If the tiles are going up on walls or going down on floors with size issues, its always best to inform the client as you go along. Naff spacers can also cause problems.

Reply to Acceptable floor tiling or not? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks