Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss About to buy a new tile cutter(for 90cm tiles) in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Button

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
About to buy a new 90cm tile cutter and can’t make my mind up. Has anyone got/tried the Rubi tz1020 or sigma 3d3m Max push? Can’t get sigma’s over here in Spain but would have it sent over if I thought it was worth while. I’m a professional tiler and it’s for everyday use.

D

Dumbo

I would buy a longer cutter as 1200 tiles are fairly common place . If not where you are im sure they will be soon .

B

Blunt Tool

I haven’t tried the Rubi TZ but I did always have Rubis for years until the porcelain tiles kept getting thicker and harder then switched to Sigma and never regretted it

W

Waluigi

How do the Sigma Cutters compare to the Montolit MP3 in terms of being able to see the scoring wheel?

Does anyone have both?

OP
B

Button

TF
Reaction score
I haven’t tried the Rubi TZ but I did always have Rubis for years until the porcelain tiles kept getting thicker and harder then switched to Sigma and never regretted it
The tZ applies 1500kg and the sigma about 1200-1300kgs of pressure. Always heard good things about sigma but never got the chance to try one

D

Dumbo

How do the Sigma Cutters compare to the Montolit MP3 in terms of being able to see the scoring wheel?

Does anyone have both?
I have an old monti and i find the wheel easier to see on the sigma . Don't know if the newer ones are any different

W

Waluigi

Yes they are. The new Montolit have a different handle (red) and the scoring wheel is supposed to be easier to see than the old ‘Blue handled’ Montolit.

Thanks for the reply. At some point I want to get a Sigma but half tempted by the Montolit but scared the scoring wheel visual improvements aren’t enough.

Reply to About to buy a new tile cutter(for 90cm tiles) in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock