Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 900x150 Porcelain Planks Spacer Size in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

P

ProPrecisionTiling

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello All,

Looking for a little bit of advice for an upcoming job...

900x150 porca planks - what spacer size would you use? 3mm, 5mm or other? Customer wanted them laid in half brick bond but have advised should go for 3/4 running bond to help avoid bowwing/lippage issues. Don't see too many 900's around here, so what spacer size would you go for?

Cheers

OP
P

ProPrecisionTiling

Looks like 2mm is the shout - cheers lads. Never gone below 3mm on floors before, that rule a bit of amyth then?

OP
G

GoneGuy

Not necessarily it’s 3mm for floor by British standards I think ( I’m sure someone will correct me ).
Plus if the tile is bevelled edge using 2mm will give an appearance of 3mm once grouted

OP
P

ProPrecisionTiling

Not necessarily it’s 3mm for floor by British standards I think ( I’m sure someone will correct me ).
Plus if the tile is bevelled edge using 2mm will give an appearance of 3mm once grouted

Yeah 3mm is BS standard and always followed that. But in your experience 2mm is more than okay as well? I see the benefit in using 2mm. I will make a decision when I get my hands on the tiles

OP
G

GoneGuy

Yes 2mm is ok as long as substrate is solid etc.
I’ve even gone down to 1mm in a small area

OP
O

On one

30mm for me.
Seen a few plank floors where 2mm spacers have used and it ''just didn't look right''

OP
L

LM

2mm for me, but I do wonder if you’ve use levelling clips before? Perhaps you have but if not this job is the ideal scenario for them.

OP
P

ProPrecisionTiling

Thanks for the replies everyone looks like a toss-up between 2 or 3mm then.

Probably go 2mm as it appears the British Standards are a bit outdated and a lot of you are disregarding them anyway! Ha. My only worry was they were there for a reason but it seems pros are having no issues with 2mm (or even smaller)

Reply to 900x150 Porcelain Planks Spacer Size in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock