Discuss 900mm cutter/wet saw in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for the Job I’m doing in a fortnight as theyve just told me the tiles will 450 x 900 & 150 x 900 porc.
I’m goimg to need something suitable for cutting. Biggest manual cutter I have is 750mm and a 600mm bridge saw
I know I could use my grinder but I feel the need for new tools lol
Don’t want to break the bank so no mega money options please
£300 approx manual cutter
£? Wet saw

G

GoneGuy

I bought a Montolit 93p from forum sponsor @Pro Tiler Tools. give them a message see if they can help you out

118D2967-DC64-4425-B02E-8062689A0226.jpeg

W

Waluigi

Which tile cutter do you normally use?

I can’t get on with Montolit cutters. I have an early model though.

W

Waluigi

No, not yet. Seen one though. Just haven’t tried it.

As with all of these things, you have to persevere.

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Oh I like that monti, is it over kill for fitter like myself. For you guys tiling day in day out it makes alot of sense.
I have an old clinker 750 in my garage I’ve not used for years as it is.

W

Waluigi

In terms of tile sizing, the only way is up.

Remember when 600 x 300 was seen as huge? Now it seems to be the generic size in your average bathroom.

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
In terms of tile sizing, the only way is up.

Remember when 600 x 300 was seen as huge? Now it seems to be the generic size in your average bathroom.
Very true, every bathroom I do nowadays has 300x600 it seems.
Not sure 900 will become common though as it really needs a good size room to pull it off. Look a bit daft only having 2.5 tiles across a wall. I’d much prefer putting up shower panels

D

Dumbo

Very true, every bathroom I do nowadays has 300x600 it seems.
Not sure 900 will become common though as it really needs a good size room to pull it off. Look a bit daft only having 2.5 tiles across a wall. I’d much prefer putting up shower panels
You're lucky im not admin . Any talk of shower panels and you would be out .

W

Waluigi

I must admit, I can’t stand those shower panels. A showroom I deal with sometimes keeps telling me how great they are. Keep in mind their average fit is over £10k. I just think they look cheap and nasty.

D

Dumbo

I must admit, I can’t stand those shower panels. A showroom I deal with sometimes keeps telling me how great they are. Keep in mind their average fit is over £10k. I just think they look cheap and nasty.
They bang on about them being high end . I've never been to Dubai but its not something I would expect to see in some of their high end hotels . Shower panels are more like Barry island caravan park .

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Monti vs sigma serie 3, how the hell do you decide which is best suited lol
Also, why are there so many sigma cutters? Surely they all do the same thing

D

Dumbo

Monti vs sigma serie 3, how the hell do you decide which is best suited lol
Also, why are there so many sigma cutters? Surely they all do the same thing
You try for yourself . Also sigma pull to score . Push to score , klick klock handle . Just personal choice

W

Waluigi

I’m going for a sigma next.

I don’t like buying my gear away from Protiler as I like to be loyal to them if I can so I’ll wait for more stock.

Reply to 900mm cutter/wet saw in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks