Discuss 6mm insulation board under hardierbacker for UFH? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi - This is my first post so i should start by saying thanks for all the info i have got from this site in the past years.

I have bought electric UFH mats along with 6mm insulation boards.

I am looking to tile my 4m bathroom floor which has t&g wooden floor. I will screw this down but looking for advice on how to build up the layers to the tiles.

I was thinking Flexible tile adhesive to bed insulation boards then tile adhesive again to bed 6mm hardiebacker board and screw threw both into the floorboards.

Then attache the UFH mat to the HBB and layer more flexible tile adhesive to tile on top.

I don't want to build up the height and trying to avoid pulling up all the existing floorboards to replace with ply.

will this be a suitable build up for floorboards/ UFH and tiles

Cheers

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up - but i have already bought 6mm insulation can i just use this instead of the suggested 10/12mm? - i am using ceramic 300x300 tiles.

As hardiebacker has no thermal properties i would presumed i would need the 6mm insulation in the build up somewhere, hardiebacker or not.

Reply to 6mm insulation board under hardierbacker for UFH? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks