Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 600x900 limestone floor in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
D

Dumbo

Please checkout the following advertisement.
First comment I saw was something like . Are you sure you should be tile , porcelain is not natural . : Funny thing is it seemed to bear no relevance to the thread . It was in the thread where are those large porcelain tiles made

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

SJPurdy

I seem to be missing something in this thread!
From post #20 onwards it seems there is some evidence someone is not solid bedding the tiles but I can't see it!
What am I missing please?
(I am assuming that the photo in #19 is a floor prior to tile)

OP
J

J Sid

I seem to be missing something in this thread!
From post #20 onwards it seems there is some evidence someone is not solid bedding the tiles but I can't see it!
What am I missing please?
(I am assuming that the photo in #19 is a floor prior to tile)
the photos shows the floor prior to tile with some fixed tiles at the top of the photo which look to have been d&d and that will have been the reason for this floor failing

OP
S

SJPurdy

the photos shows the floor prior to tile with some fixed tiles at the top of the photo which look to have been d&d and that will have been the reason for this floor failing
Thanks for replies. Perspective problem with my viewing - I thought that was the wall going up! It's clear now I've had a glass of wine that they are floor tiles with very little addy near the edge!!!!

OP
K

Kevbos

Maori and wunda both specified you can't use over 8mm of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ .I just done what they specified .

OP
K

Kevbos

Sorry I posted wrong picture earlier in thread that was on hardebacker .

20160727_115040.jpg 20160728_133729.jpg

OP
K

Kevbos

I understand what you going on about now .those 2 new pictures were in wunda underfloor heating .had to back tile with 3mm notched trowel floor with 6mm .that was the specification .I did have a thread about this month's back with the porcelthin guy

OP
T

Tile Shop

Maybe you did use trowels with the wundafloor, but there ain't no coming back from the first image, whether you meant to post it or not. People can't unsee that kind of workmanship. Ok so it didn't have the foil but its still underfloor heating and its still spot fixed!

OP
K

Kevbos

Your right I can't get away from that picture .I can assure you they are stuck well and floor has not yet come up .but also if contractor refuses to allow levelling of floors prior to tile .and has a get it done attitude .I can only advise .not every job can be done perfect if they won't pay for it

OP
K

Kevbos

So funny .I do what I'm asked to do and get paid for .it's not an attitude it's life .I have bills to pay and if a contractor .builder client etc .doesn't want to pay for the best way to do a job .it's on them not me .ideally I'd never stick on any underfloor heating system that is not in a screed .as that substrate is strongest .but if I am asked to tile on foil or hardebacker etc etc I can only advise .if that advise isn't taken it's up to them .

Reply to 600x900 limestone floor in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock