Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 600x600 Porcelain on anhydride wet ufh in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

S

steve.g1977

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello, have got 65 sq/m of 600x600 porcelain to lay on a anhydride screed,floor has been down for 4 years,so should be dry!having read a good few threads on this forum(been very helpful)this is my plan,
1.sand floor to remove any laitence
2.prime using TM prime plus
3.fix TM anti-fracture matting using 6mm trowel and anhyfix https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/
4.fix tiles using Genesis tiger trowel and TM standard setaflex
5.grout with TM grout 3000
Is this the right way to go?
Any help/advice would be appreciated,thanks in advance
Steve

OP
S

steve.g1977

You don't need matting , or should i say its not nessessery .
It won't do any harm but i wouldnt bother.
just tile it
Thanks for the quick reply Wilder, Only reason I'm thinking of going with matting is I've got a couple of cracks in the screed, they are straight above where the ufh clip channels are ,and a couple seem to follow the pipe runs,is this common on this type of screed?also I'm thinking using the matting will let me use setaflex which will give me more open time with https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not seen many anyldrite screeds to be honest, ive only seen and tiled one in 30 years!
Went to see it today , 110m2 of porcalain , all different rooms , all tiled up to wall and no skirting :grimacing:looks mint , no cracks ect :sunglasses:
Not sure on the cracking to be honest , on your screed , but prob better be safe than sorry though as well with the matting and use it.:thumbsup:

OP
S

steve.g1977

Thank Wilder:thumbsup:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Reply to 600x600 Porcelain on anhydride wet ufh in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock