Discuss 600 x 600 Tile Tricky Cut? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hey, I did a plan of how I will lay my tiles. I found one cut that seems tricky. I highlighted the cuts in green. How would I need to go about cutting that shape, how would you do it without breaking/chipping the tile?

Untitled-2.jpg

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
just cut the 3 lines with an angle grinder. Ideally, place the tile on a patch of grass. The grass and soil will minimise the vibrations whilst cutting. Cut the face of the tile, then turn the tile over and cut from the back (where the corners meet). I'm assuming they are floor tiles and the cut edges will be covered by skirting or tile.

Reaction score
just cut the 3 lines with an angle grinder. Ideally, place the tile on a patch of grass. The grass and soil will minimise the vibrations whilst cutting. Cut the face of the tile, then turn the tile over and cut from the back (where the corners meet). I'm assuming they are floor tiles and the cut edges will be covered by skirting or tile.
Yes floor tiles. Skirting is already there. I don't have a garden, but can probably recreate what you are suggesting with substitute materials and place the tile on that.

Reply to 600 x 600 Tile Tricky Cut? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks