• UK Tiling Forum that lauched to the World. USA and UK Tile Fixers

Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum for UK Tiling Advice, and US Tile Fixers Advice, whether wall tiling or floor tiling advice, by Tilers Forums. The collective tiling advice forum. TilersForums.co.uk now redirects to TilersForums.com.

Discuss 300 x 600 Tile layout advice in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

J

JohnnyO

I would like some advice on how to best cut 300 x 600 tiles for a 760 wide wall when the desired layout is vertical stacks of 600mm.
the bathroom layout is as follows:
- wall is 760 x 3200 (x irrelevant height) with 760mm x 1200mm shower tray in corner
- 2 different tiles are used on the 3200mm wall, one for the shower array , one for the rest of the wall
- I would like to use 2 stacks for the long side of the shower tray because there's a shower enclosure at the 1200mm mark.

For the 760mm wide shower wall the 3 options are:
-#1: 600mm + 160mm: 2 stacks of different sizes, not symetric
-#2: 80mm + 600mm + 80mm: 3 stacks withe large tile in middle and 2 small ones on the side
-#3: 380mm + 380mm : 2 equal medium stacks

I know it's about personal choice but I need some advice, at least about the layout that would look terrible.

Thanks in advance

OP
O

Old Mod

Centre your long wall, start on centre line, this will give a 400 cut either end.
On the short wall, start a full tile on the outer edge leaving a 160cut in to corner.
It will appear they the tile in the corner has been wrapped around. It’ll be 50mm short, but it won’t be noticed.
That’s one scenario. The other would be to just centre both walls, starting either side of the line.
This would give you two similar sized cuts in your corner.

Reply to 300 x 600 Tile layout advice in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer