Discuss 20mm thick travertine tiles, m2 rate in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

steve hardy

Hey we have been asked to install 90x900 20mm thick travertine vein cut tiles. The job is around 135m2 and is in Norway. We are trying to work a M2 rate for this work, it is very complexed job and it has many feature panels, cantilever stair treads, the walls are approx 6m tall and 15m long. The client a architect is is after the grouts lines to tie in with many different floor lines, stair tread tops and shadow gap to floor and feature panel. Whats your thoughts on how many m2 per day to install due to the tile weight? each piece is approx 4kg.

From what we have seen there is no tollerances, can this work?

cheers

Steve

F

Flintstone

Steve, introduce your self my friend.
This sounds like an interesting job, and one which I don’t think can be done on a m2 rate. But if your working to that level, you must know what the crack is.
We don’t discuss money on here in the public forums.

B

Blunt Tool

Work out how many days you think it will take add in a few extra and put in a day rate you’d be happy with, remember Norway is expensive to live £5.00 for a coke and £8.00 for a pint but ssshhh we don’t discuss prices here!

S

steve hardy

cheers OK no prices then haha, yeh Norway is expensive, clients covering all costs out there anyway.

S

steve hardy

Architects ideas always work well on paper, not sure if its possible to pull off. Best thing is we had planned to grout the jib and he tells us he has ordered vein cut unfilled, how can you grout the lines but not the tiles with out having a shadow around the edge.

B

Bill

Years ago we used to have this type of thing polished after the grouting so that they looked like one slab but not sure if any firms do this now - it was extremely expensive.

D

Dumbo

Architects ideas always work well on paper, not sure if its possible to pull off. Best thing is we had planned to grout the jib and he tells us he has ordered vein cut unfilled, how can you grout the lines but not the tiles with out having a shadow around the edge.
I had some drawings once showing setting out lines and they hadn't even measured the room properly . So that didn't work

I

Italy

this work I did,
It was installed without spacers.
and no grouting.
they arrived later, they made the grouting with a two-component product
"chemi?", then they polished with machinery.
semi-gloss finish

IMG_0346.JPG

Reply to 20mm thick travertine tiles, m2 rate in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks