Discuss 20mm exterior porcelain cutting in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah we don't sell Diatool blades, you'll find Diatool sell Diatool blades. We can't sell you something we don't make.

On the whole 20mm Porcelain is better cut wet rather than dry with a grinder.
The 2 blades you sent me to test were both superb Alan. The quality and speed of both were superb on 20mm. I've also tested them on various other tiles and without a doubt they would be my first choice replacement s if you decide to stock them

C

Concrete guy

The 2 blades you sent me to test were both superb Alan. The quality and speed of both were superb on 20mm. I've also tested them on various other tiles and without a doubt they would be my first choice replacement s if you decide to stock them

Thanks Pete, we're still testing. Once we've got the right one that's correctly certified and tested for sale in the EU/UK we'll be offering it.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thats
Screenshot_20181212-205318.jpg
Thats the red blade on the Flex Alan, can't tell it apart from the factory edge

C

Concrete guy

Thats View attachment 103140 Thats the red blade on the Flex Alan, can't tell it apart from the factory edge

That is clean, much cleaner run wet than dry. The increased diameter and fact it's held very straight in a rail saw also helps a huge amount.

Either of these are looking promising.

I'm interested to see how you get on with the black blade.

Speed/ease of cut is also a factor, if there's any difference it's good to know.

C

Concrete guy

What blade was that please and size

It was a blade we're testing and sent out to a few forum members.

This particular one would have been 150mm x 22.23mm which I asked Pete to run in the CS60 he'd bought recently. Whichever blade we decide to proceed with will be available from 115m up to 350mm in diameter as we're being asked constantly for a blade specifically for 20mm porcelain.

The process of manufacture means the 20mm stuff seems to be much more dense than grade 5 porcelain that we're all used to so it appears the bond on the blades need to be adjusted to suit.

The upside of this is these blades may also work well on regular grade 5 material, it's a bit of trial and error in reality.

C

Concrete guy

Are you happy with the flex? It's on my radar

Think of the CS60 as a landscaping/stone masonry product that can be repurposed for tiles.

Most of these we're selling now to deal with 20mm Porcelain after landscapers have given up trying to cut large slabs accurately with 9" angle grinders.

It's a substantial bit of kit, it's outdoor use only and makes a reasonble mess with constant water flow.

For regular tiling it's probably overkill.
For lots of 20mm Porcelain, large format slabs or stonework it's outstanding.

H

hmtiling

Think of the CS60 as a landscaping/stone masonry product that can be repurposed for tiles.

Most of these we're selling now to deal with 20mm Porcelain after landscapers have given up trying to cut large slabs accurately with 9" angle grinders.

It's a substantial bit of kit, it's outdoor use only and makes a reasonble mess with constant water flow.

For regular tiling it's probably overkill.
For lots of 20mm Porcelain, large format slabs or stonework it's outstanding.
It would be solely to take place of a 1200 bench saw for stone and 20mm porcelain.

Reply to 20mm exterior porcelain cutting in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks