Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 1200x600 Ceramic??? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

james hailwood

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
hey been to a job measuring up and they have ordered some special ceramic tile from italy that are 1200x600mm, i know prices arent mentioned on here but wondering what to charge p/m2 for such a large ceramic tile. its 35m2 floor on surprisingly flat concrete. i have set prices for different tiles but this one spun me out a little so was looking for feedback, cheers in advance

H

hmtiling

I'm pretty sure they'll be porcelain, but could be wrong. Prep will be the thing you need to get bang on, so price well for that. Providing you have 1200 cutting tools and the area isn't tricky for cutting you should go about 25% heavier than pricing something half the size imo

OP
J

james hailwood

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The tile is described as 'Dry - Pressed Ceramic Tiles', the colour and size they have gone for is Sabbia (98KF3R) 60cm x 120cm (10mm thick) tiles shown laid on page 25, with the sizes on page 56 & technical features on page 62.

Attachments

• 3_Catalogo_web.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 15
I

Italy

The tile is described as 'Dry - Pressed Ceramic Tiles', the colour and size they have gone for is Sabbia (98KF3R) 60cm x 120cm (10mm thick) tiles shown laid on page 25, with the sizes on page 56 & technical features on page 62.
It is porcelain, hard enough. emilceramica group.
disassembles architraves, otherwise very difficult ..
I posed, Brand Ergon, the same ceramic group.

T

Tile Shop

Ceramic is often used as an umbrella term to cover all types of tile from ceramic clay, porcelain and quarry tile. So not necessarily the actual material.

As per BSEN14411, there are two main classes of tile. Class A is Extruded ceramics (wet clay moulded and cut to size and fired at just enough temperature to give it the required properties) and Class B is Dry Pressed ceramics (fine clay powder, compressed in a mould and fired at a higher temperature). These are then split down to further bands based on the water absorption rate.

If they are Dry pressed, the will be Class B, then either ia, ib, iia, iib and iiib with 1a being the most impervious (more than likely porcelain) and iiib being the most absorbent (less dense material).

Clear as https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ I know, but may give you an idea :)

andy8758

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Ceramic is often used as an umbrella term to cover all types of tile from ceramic clay, porcelain and quarry tile. So not necessarily the actual material.

As per BSEN14411, there are two main classes of tile. Class A is Extruded ceramics (wet clay moulded and cut to size and fired at just enough temperature to give it the required properties) and Class B is Dry Pressed ceramics (fine clay powder, compressed in a mould and fired at a higher temperature). These are then split down to further bands based on the water absorption rate.

If they are Dry pressed, the will be Class B, then either ia, ib, iia, iib and iiib with 1a being the most impervious (more than likely porcelain) and iiib being the most absorbent (less dense material).

Clear as https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ I know, but may give you an idea :)
Wow. I know nothing. But do you know the atomic quotient of the tile categories Paul? o_O

Reply to 1200x600 Ceramic??? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock