Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 1200mm polished porc in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

J

J Sid

Please checkout the following advertisement.
so these sigma things don't come set up for, say 10mm porcelain, straight out the factory?

OP
Bopster

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
No expert by any means but have been reading up a little bit and testing on some porcelain———With a tile on the bed and the breaker flat on the tile. Leave a 5mm gap here. If the breaker isn’t low enough then increase the gap.

The hole for the arm is knock out. I just did it on mine. Took two taps with a hammer.

View attachment 102494

View attachment 102493
Well I tapped it with a hammer and hey presto

OP
Bopster

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Ok, so I’ve started this customers second bathroom with the 1200 x 200 polished porc on walls and floor. Customer has supplied s1 https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/, walls are all rendered blockwork in good condition, floor hardiebacker
Which size notch trowel would u recommend, I’m using 1.5mm schmox levellers

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You need to select your notch size based on coverage, so start with say an 8mm notch, back butter the tile, notch the wall or floor, lay a tile, pick it up and check what coverage you have.. Then you can decide if you have enough coverage or is you need a different sized notch

O

Old Mod

It’s hard to tell you cos we don’t know how good your substrates are.
You’ll need to trial it, it’ll also depend if you flat back the tile or trowel it.
Start with 10mm and flat back tile.
Put one up, bed it in properly, then remove it and check coverage, you should know if you need to go up or down.
Then remove one every 6-10 pieces to see how you’re getting on.

D

Dumbo

Once you have bedded your tile the thickness of the bed needs to be thicker than the thickness of base of the Schmox clips .

OP
Bopster

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
The walls are really good to be honest, solid and flat.
Cheers, was thinking 10mm sq notch with smooth back butter.
I’ll keep checking every 6 or so to ensure coverage.
Used 10mm on the other bathroom which had 900 x 145 planks and worked a treat

S

Spare Tool

You'll struggle to use any less than a 10mm trowel with schmox clips, they are good clips but bases quite thick compared to some..

Reply to 1200mm polished porc in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock