Discuss 1200mm polished porc in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

I’ve not bothered reading instructions lol
All I’ve done is check it for square and adjust the bar to 1mm clearance between breaker foot and tile surface
I’m struggling to understand what you mean here,
do you mean with the foot folded or extended?

I have extra support leg yet to fit, presumably I just drill the base to suit the leg?

No, you don’t need to drill any holes, they’re already there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
With the foot in the down position and the handle raised leaving the 1mm gap

In the photo I can’t see how without drilling it would fit

3079B856-3174-46FA-AB68-6C70AE33CF6D.jpeg

W

Waluigi

No expert by any means but have been reading up a little bit and testing on some porcelain———With a tile on the bed and the breaker flat on the tile. Leave a 5mm gap here. If the breaker isn’t low enough then increase the gap.

The hole for the arm is knock out. I just did it on mine. Took two taps with a hammer.

DC823151-7790-4AE9-B6F3-1FD5519FC487.jpeg

D3A7215E-063D-4F5E-BA8B-851D403B3B7A.jpeg

O

One Day

It's easier than that: drop the breaker foot onto the tile.
The foot should be sitting flat on the tile face.
If not, adjust the bar up or down until the foot is flat on the tile.

Get that right at both ends of the tile and you're done.

W

Waluigi

It’s true- Having the breaker foot flat on the tile is the equivalent of lining up the top of the square on the handle with the top of the guide which is what sigma suggests. I think that the arm needs to be raised when attempting the porcelain James De has though as that is too aggressive.

F

Flintstone

I've really never had an issue my any of my sigmas, once it's set it suits most tiles really I find. With the foot down, 5mm gap on top of the rail, that's what I managed to get from the sigma book.

W

Waluigi

I must admit, so far it’s been tip top for me on the two tile types I’ve tried :D

I’m just trying to find possible reasons why the 1200mm Porc aren’t cutting for James De.

I

Italy

I must admit, so far it’s been tip top for me on the two tile types I’ve tried :D

I’m just trying to find possible reasons why the 1200mm Porc aren’t cutting for James De.
me too, at the end of the story we'll have a laugh all together. :)

Reply to 1200mm polished porc in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks