Discuss 1200mm polished porc in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Blunt Tool

Ok maybe this one would have been more helpful to you, don’t know why I picked the other one? :rolleyes:
You see him setting top and bottom rail height

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Ok maybe this one would have been more helpful to you, don’t know why I picked the other one? :rolleyes:
You see him setting top and bottom rail height
What annoys me about all the videos is that they show adjusting the bar but don’t actually say where it is supposed to sit in relation to the thickness of the tile. I can adjust the bar easy peasy, but where do I stop the bar? :mad:

O

Old Mod

What do you cut with now then? Man you have a tool store.. I need one of those, have zero space in my van!!!
I use ex large format rail cutters.
Imagine a sigma 1200 with no base and no stop ends. :D
It’s an extendable rail from 1m to 3.5m with a carriage that runs along it that houses the cutting wheel.

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I use ex large format rail cutters.
Imagine a sigma 1200 with no base and no stop ends. :D
It’s an extendable rail from 1m to 3.5m with a carriage that runs along it that houses the cutting wheel.
Haha sounds like my worse nightmare :eek:

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I was thrown my self I'd used rubi for years setting the hight of the rail in relation to the bed was a new concept

D

Dumbo

I was thrown my self I'd used rubi for years setting the hight of the rail in relation to the bed was a new concept
Think about it though . With the rubi you set handle height using the cutting wheel and then there is a certain amount of personal preference. Same but different

D

Dumbo

@James De before I got my sigma a guy told me if you have your bar set that it is level with the top of the blue housing it sits in this about pretty good for a 10mm tile and to be fair he is not far off so if your tile is 12mm seet your bar 2mm above the housing and give that a go .

W

Waluigi

Sigma not only suggest adjusting the height for different thickness’, they also suggest different heights for varying hardness of materials. I noticed this in the instruction booklet. It was barely legible.

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I’ve not bothered reading instructions lol
All I’ve done is check it for square and adjust the bar to 1mm clearance between breaker foot and tile surface
I have extra support leg yet to fit, presumably I just drill the base to suit the leg?

Reply to 1200mm polished porc in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks