Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 115mm grinding disc for porcelain and other materials in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

O

Old Mod

Please checkout the following advertisement.
So for quite some time now my weapon of choice for re-fabricating tile edges and finishing mitred has been one of these.

IMG_5663.JPG

A 120# metal disc, great bits of kit.
Recently the supplier stopped selling them and finding a replacement was impossible.
I pestered a few companies to get them in, but to no avail.
After making an 'off the cuff' remark one day,
Alan from @ATSDiamondTools said he had an idea.
That idea was one of these.
http://www.atsdiamondtools.co.uk/node/132
IMG_0547.jpg

So now they are available again and I for one, am very happy, trying to find an alternative was driving me round the twist!

Thanks Alan. :)

OP
F

Flintstone

They look good, can you tell me a bit more about there uses? I thought you used sanding disks on mitres?

OP
O

Old Mod

They look good, can you tell me a bit more about there uses? I thought you used sanding disks on mitres?

It is a sanding disc mate. :) Just a metal one.

You can use it to re finish edges Andy, or grind down a mill or two if a piece is cut too large or you need to scribe a tile in.
Can't really say much more, but you know when you need to nip off just that little nib off a corner, now you don't need to, you can polish it off!

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
That's very weird, I ordered one of these on Sunday night, got home about half hour ago and it had arrived, I was coming on here to message you @3_fall to say it looks the same as the one you have. And saw This thread first!

OP
O

Old Mod

Thought you got a super duper one from guesseppi?
Trust me Ian, I did not get anything from Giuseppe haha
IMG_0529.JPG

Do you see it says 'Pro Tiler Tools' haha nutta

I've a vast array of grinding and polishing gear Ian,
Sait carborundum pads, Velcro and Stick on, diamond pads, wet, dry and hand. Metal grinding and polishing discs and flap wheels. And all made by different manufacturers. :D
They all have their places on the job as I know you know. :)

OP
C

Concrete guy

Thanks very much for posting this thread Marc.

Questions. Did the disc bed in after a few runs, you metioned it was chipping a little straight out of the box? Or it was on the tile you were running it on at the time.

Whilst looking for an Electroplating factory that would make this for us we came across dozens of places that did vacuum brazed tools like the STL pictured above. We already have a product of this type which we sell as a Cut'n'Grind wheel but it is very aggressive indeed so we steered clear of them when looking for the grinding cup.

What uses is the STL marketed for? It's something I could see being very useful on natural stone but it's probably a bit too much for porcelain or ceramic.

Reply to 115mm grinding disc for porcelain and other materials in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock