Discuss 1 wall is not plumb (photo) in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all, i have removed all the tiles in bathroom and had it skimmed. Before i done this i noted that one of the walls, the bath/shower corner is not plumb.

As you can see from the photo of previous tiling job they started with a fall tile against the wall by the bath and as it gets higher they have had to add a slither.

I was away when plasterer came and had a lot on so didnt get to speak to him about getting it straight so think i will still be off (but i havent checked yet).

Im installing 200x100 metro tiles, if there is anything i can do to fix/help it i need to do it before tanking. Ive already waited 4 weeks for plaster to dry so dont want to do anything that will mean waiting another 4 weeks before i can tank. Was wondering if u could fill the void with plasterboard (dot and dab)

Or if I plan enough ahead to so i dont get a sligher by having a full tile against the wall at the top so that the lower i get the tile just gets a bit smaller... would it be really noticeable?

Thanks all.

IMG_5469.PNG

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's just poor tiling I think. If they'd have started with half a tile instead of a full one you wouldn't have noticed that the wall fell back 10mm or whatever.

Just set out well and it'll be fine.

Reply to 1 wall is not plumb (photo) in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks