Results 1 to 1 of 1
Tilers & Tiling Forum - Rookie needs help!!
Rookie needs help!!Discuss Rookie needs help!! in the Tiling Forum at Tilers Forum; Hey guys, I have no experience with any type of construction, however I have read alot and purchased all the tools needed, and am well into the project. If you ...
- 27-08-2006 #1stfoooGuest
Rookie needs help!!
Hey guys, I have no experience with any type of construction, however I have read alot and purchased all the tools needed, and am well into the project.
If you see anything I have done wrong thus far please tell me!
Im currently getting the shower walls ready for Granite/slate.
The tub was not alighned with the walls so I built out the walls so the 'Denshield' would go over the lip of the bathtub.
Im almost ready to put up the Denshield, however I have run into a little problem with the top of the shower. There is a Metal structure beam there that has a square up top of it (see pictures), its about 5cm lower than the wood beam there.
Im afraid if I put up the Denshield like this, then there will be a little uneveness where the square of the metal beamis on the right side.
I tried to correct this by putting a few 'shims' there, and now the 'step' is gradual now, but fear it will still be visible.
I think the way to correct this is to put a 5cm sheet of plywood covering the whole top to make everything even yes?
However I was trying to avoid loosing 5cm of the roof which is why I was trying to find a way around this, hense the shims. (I hit my head on the roof as it is
Also what do you think about everything else in the picture including the 'niches' I made?.....
- By Lawless211180 in forum Tiling ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 27-09-2012, 07:07 PM
- By big col in forum New Members Say Hi HereReplies: 6Last Post: 31-05-2012, 07:00 AM
- By Adamperrier in forum New Members Say Hi HereReplies: 15Last Post: 01-01-2011, 04:02 PM
- By ewoc in forum New Members Say Hi HereReplies: 24Last Post: 26-01-2010, 09:16 AM
- By trevor ford in forum Tiling ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 10-10-2009, 06:00 PM
- By JPT in forum New Members Say Hi HereReplies: 11Last Post: 30-03-2009, 11:37 AM
- By MagpieDan in forum Tiling ToolsReplies: 9Last Post: 11-03-2008, 06:23 PM
There are no members to list at the moment.