I'm Looking For This Tile Wooliscott floor tiles - Tile Advice

Discuss Wooliscott floor tiles in the Discontinued Tile Finding | List Spare Tiles area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tom bowe

Hi does anyone know where i can obtain 30 Wooliscott dorset flame floor tiles 150x150 x 9mm theynow only make red ones the ones i need are brown/red.

T

Time's Ran Out

It's a bit of a mix - Wooliscroft , Johnsons fireflash red, Pilkingtons Dorset range, and possibly Ruabon flame.
At 9mm it's one of the first 3 but a photo would help to identify which.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember selling their Charnwood Grain tiles that were high gloss and looked like mahogany planks. 150 x 450mm

Lovely tiles.

Topps sure had an account with them but didn't stock much of their range but worth a try maybe?

T

Tile Shop

Wasn't that an offshoot of Johnson's tiles?

No it was Pilkingtons. Dorset Wooliscroft is still going, owned by Original Style now. But they don't do the old Multi-versatile anymore (smooth on one side, studded on the other) which was their flagship to beat all flagships. Colour wise I don't remember flame. They did Rustic which was a combinatuion of red, mixed with a bit of brown and mustard.

Check this link and see if an alternative is available:

Slip Resistant Floor Tiles | Dorset Woolliscroft - http://www.dorsetwoolliscroft.com/

T

Tom bowe

No it was Pilkingtons. Dorset Wooliscroft is still going, owned by Original Style now. But they don't do the old Multi-versatile anymore (smooth on one side, studded on the other) which was their flagship to beat all flagships. Colour wise I don't remember flame. They did Rustic which was a combinatuion of red, mixed with a bit of brown and mustard.

Check this link and see if an alternative is available:

Slip Resistant Floor Tiles | Dorset Woolliscroft - http://www.dorsetwoolliscroft.com/

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's it!

I remember that multiversatile! Had a horrible green / grey colour and then the red.

Used to have a display board checkerboard style and customers used to order it and want it like that, one tile the right to way up and the ones around it the other way up. Tilers used to hate it as it needed different amounts of adhesive under them depending on which way up lol

T

Tom bowe

Picture enclosed 1489402080229-677452335.jpg
1489402080229-677452335.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually i think you said its name? Autumn blend was thicker and some other firms quarry

T

Tile Shop

Autumn Blend was the Daniel Platts Crown

That picture is the Rustic.

Doubt anyone will have those anymore. Production stopped at least 15 years ago, and that was one range that was not carried on by Original Style.

Reclaim yards or Antiques Roadshow might be the only option to get the exact tile, or a plain tile in the same size as a contrast.

Thinking outside the box, one other thing that might work as a temporary fix (will not give a 100% lasting finish) and it will take a bit of artistry.

Get the plain red dorsets, then buy a mixture of Mapei Fuga Fresca in Chocolate and Yellow (test a tile before fitting) and dab the tiles with it to get the correct appearance.

The tiles have a moisture absorption rate of less than 0.5%, but the pigment may "stain" just enough to give you the right effect until you come to re-tile the whole area.

I've just dabbed a tile in it to see if it works. I'll leave it to dry and see if it takes and report back later today. (I only have the anthracite though so don't expect it to look like the rustic)

Reply to Wooliscott floor tiles in the Discontinued Tile Finding | List Spare Tiles area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks