Discuss Wooden Plank Effect Floor Tile in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Millington Deco

Been asked to lay some wood effect plank floor tiles, I've previously laid these in a brick bond layout in a very small kitchen, however in the pictures on the suppliers website they appear to be laid randomly and this will be a much larger area. Any thoughts on the best layout for a kitchen with an island into the open plan dining room and up 1 wall.

O

Old Mod

Lay them exactly like a timber floor!
As long as they are straight enough!
Random broken bond. Use your off cut from row to start the next.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

O

One Day

Not wanting to be pedantic or anything but aren't timber floors laid out so as to hit the joists? ie not random bond?

O

Old Mod

Not wanting to be pedantic or anything but aren't timber floors laid out so as to hit the joists? ie not random bond?

U don't want to be pedantic but.......... Hahaha
Ok so bad turn of phrase!
Timber floors APPEAR to look as if the off cut begins the new row.
(Because they generally do nowadays!)
And besides, when was the last time you saw a new timber floor laid directly to joists?
Every timber plank floor I've see laid in recent memory is overlaid on a boarded floor, or screed.

I'd agree that random bond is better looking though!

That's cos it is. Haha

Imo there is nothing more unsightly than an imitation plank floor laid like a tiled floor, ie half or quarter bond.
Surely the whole idea of a porcelain plank floor is to look just like a timber floor, else why would the good quality ones be textured just like timber.

I'm not digging u out impish, honest, but c'mon, you knew what I meant didn't you.
Just don't believe u said that! Haha

I

Italy

I hate this kind of tiles, but unfortunately the 50/60% of my work is with these tiles, walls, floors, horizontal, vertical, 2 sizes, 3 size and also size 5 .....
consume a mountain of self-leveling ....
I hate this kind of tiles :(

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I don't believe it's intended for them to look like "floorboards" more an engineered/produced floor. Like the staves of an oak worktop.

Reply to Wooden Plank Effect Floor Tile in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks