Discuss Who's got their Tiling NVQ now? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Prem Tiler

I'll prob be shot here but I think the idea behind it is a good idea. The need for an NVQ is to gain a CSCS card which you will need by law to work on any building site.

It could if not abused go towards the licencing of tilers. Yes, licencing will cost us a few quid but I will do more to eradicate cowboys than anything else.

In Scotland you need a licence to be a window cleaner, A job famous for cowboys but its made a huge difference up there.

B

brian c

i never get a eceipt when i give him my £4 Dean..:smilewinkgrin: sure they are! :smilewinkgrin:

P

Prem Tiler

There are still some out there but all with licences have to have insurance. If a window cleaner without insurance has an accident on your property you are liable for damages because you employed a non insured contractor. Probably the same with tilers. I don't know to be honest.

I use a talk to a few scottish window cleaners and they all think there's more work out there now there's less cowboys and they can charge better prices as people know there paying a professional.

E

EH TILING

Ive nearly passed my nvq 2 through train to gain, just one more assessment then its all done.

:hurray:

B

brian c

Doug do you think my name is INSPECTOR GADGET :lol::lol::lol:

YOU ARE JUST TOOO MISERABLE TO SHELL OUT THE £4 Doug..:smilewinkgrin:

P

Prem Tiler

£4!!!:yikes:

You wouldn't get a window cleaner to park out side your house for that round here lads. There a bloody rip off:smilewinkgrin:

D

diamondtiling

gooner you will need one to work on sites from some date in 2010.

You need one now for site work or you will get the basic card, I took mine two years ago because I did not want a cscs card saying I was a Labourer, with the NVQ you will get an experienced worker card. It is for site work but I think it will go further and cover domestic work in the near future the same as part p and corgi and that can only be good for this Industry.

H

hillhead

I have to look into it myself.i have other trade qualifications and will walk this one im sure.but have none at min.

Reply to Who's got their Tiling NVQ now? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damian
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks