Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Who makes a good range of cleaners for tiles? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
HG is a great common brand name when you mention tile cleaners and polishes in most tile stores around the UK. HG make many bottles of tile, marble, stone and slate related fluids and in most cases, they have the one for you. Look them up in your local tile stores. 'HG Tile Range'.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
The lithofin and fila products are really east to apply and a kind of natural watery consistancy, stinks the place out a bit though, make sure you ventilate the room well, where as the cheaper HG products are a bit sticky and a little artificial in colouring

andy8758

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I have given a good try out to LTP, Fila, Lithofin, and Universeal in the last 7 years.

LTP - Grimex causes me headaches, and some of their sealers simply don't seem to work (grout sealer especially). But I like their emulsifiers, and accessories.
Fila - My favourite product for cleaning, sealing and polishing, and has fumes I can cope with! I understand their thinking better than with other companies, but a 3 stage seal/polish for stone is more than many customers are prepared for. Had some issues getting reliable stocks but now reached a good arrangement with local Mandarin Stone, and get Fila products at discounted prices.
Lithofin - I believe they may be as good as Fila, but had difficulties sourcing products I need to clean and seal. My favourite cleaner (Wexa) is not even stocked by many outlets.
Universeal - I really liked their products when first introduced a few years ago. Unfortunately a severe lack of support makes it extremely difficult to source reliable supplies.

Interesting that this thread started with HG being recommended. I don't tend to use their products because they are marketed and supported like CIF and that's not a good basis for professional usage (imho).

Reply to Who makes a good range of cleaners for tiles? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock