Discuss Which Slow Set Adhesive is Best? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

All details were posted on this forum.
Basically left dark patches on the stone looking like moisture staining.
Was an easy fix eventually with simple Grimex clean down, but after Ultra visited site, blamed everything apart from their adhesive, and left my customer with no confidence in their abilities.
Simple rule of thumb when fixing light coloured limestone is use rapid.
Adhesive manufacturers always blame everybody but themselves I grouted a limestone floor with bal limestone grout it came out grey they claimed their was nothing wrong and it was in their colour spectrum for grey grout . Also very little help from Topps tiles who sold it to me .

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I used tilemaster lightweight standard set on some walls a while back it's lovely and creamy to use almost like a bucket ready but it sticks really well not used it on a floor yet coz when I order my palet of gear I seam to always forget and get setaflex

Fraser Tiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Adhesive manufacturers always blame everybody but themselves I grouted a limestone floor with bal limestone grout it came out grey they claimed their was nothing wrong and it was in their colour spectrum for grey grout . Also very little help from Topps tiles who sold it to me .
Just about to grout a 80 metre limestone floor with Bal limestone wide joint flex grout. Used an 8mm joint and was supplied by tile suppliers with Kerakol fugabella grout. States 2-12mm but with antiqued edge and heavy contours it seemed too fine for the surface areas.
Although the area rep said they've had no issues, a wide joint grout seemed more appropriate.
Will test the Bal grout in an inconspicuous area for the customer to inspect first. Never had an issue with Bal grouts before, but have been using Mapei for a long time now, but wouldn't want to use it on such a wide joint.
The coarser grout is much easier to get a uniform finish.

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I don't really use slow set walls or floors. Generally mapei rapid set or pro flexible. Personally love the stuff. Sets nice and quick, not so keen on their grout... admittingly.

Reply to Which Slow Set Adhesive is Best? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks