Discuss Which Sigmas To Buy in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Q

Qwerty

Ok, finally sorting out moving to Sigma from Rubi.

I currently have two Rubi cutters- a TX900N and a TR400S.

I want to replace both with similar Sigma cutters but I want the big cutter to score & cut at least 1225mm and the smaller cutter minimum score & cut of 600mm.

I want push to score and I like the look of the breaking mechanism that flips down.

Which ones should I go for as there seems to be so many different models!!!

Cheers all :)

W

White Room

I tried a 500mm pull version, couldn't get on with it so bought a klock klock handle and found it had a good breaker action.
The 1200mm has a max breaker and does the business, mind you so has my 900mm and 600mm cutter have the max as well.
Think you can judge my favorite.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
The klick klock handle is a regular push handle but then when you want to break the handle does a 180 deg flip over away from you to then push down and complete the break, if that makes sense. Also i think i am right in saying the max machines and handle has the greatest breaking strength.

W

White Room

So what is the difference between the Max and a klick klock?

It's the breaker system, the klick klock handle flips over and a good whack and it snaps the tile, the max has a breaker which flips up from underneath, lift the handle and it drops and again whack to break the tile.

O

One Day

Don't bother with klik klok. Stick with push Max handles. I've got a 3em (heavy beast) and 3cm as my most used cutters. Highly recommend both of course...

Q

Qwerty

It's the breaker system, the klick klock handle flips over and a good whack and it snaps the tile, the max has a breaker which flips up from underneath, lift the handle and it drops and again whack to break the tile.

That's what I'm after

O

Old Mod

Do what I've just done Geoff,
I get my 3e3m tomorrow and I'll be buying the klick klock handle as an extra to go with it, a bit later on.

Q

Qwerty

Do what I've just done Geoff,
I get my 3e3m tomorrow and I'll be buying the klick klock handle as an extra to go with it, a bit later on.

Where is the best place to buy? I recall somebody was buying from abroad recently

Q

Qwerty

Artisano tiles do some of the best prices in Aylesbury, I got mine from protilertools in Northampton they will price match anyone or beat.

I just saw that artisano place throws in a spare cutting wheel, extra support arm, 5% off order when buying two cutters together and a further 2% off when paying by BACS! Free delivery too

I

Italy

Don't bother with klik klok. Stick with push Max handles. I've got a 3em (heavy beast) and 3cm as my most used cutters. Highly recommend both of course...
68.gif

Reply to Which Sigmas To Buy in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks