Discuss which self levelling ? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

LJD

Going to rip up a tile floor this weekend. I am going to raise the whole level as the bedroom (ensuite) floor is higher .The idea is to remove tile . prime as required and self level .Then apply a matting , then tile etc to match height .So i need a SL that will be able to take tile adhesive after 24 hours if possible and to be about 6-8 mm thick .

or any other options ?

Thanks

D

Dumbo

Most levellers will do that as long as you don't overwet it which will slow down drying

B

Blunt Tool

Weber fibre enhanced self level screed or Mapei renovation screed both excellent and available at most good tile shops CTD etc mix as directed and will be dry ready for tiling next day. Good price aswell

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If 5his is a diy project and you don't jave much experience with levelling compound, I'd recommend a 2 part as it will ensure you get a consistent mix and a good flow rate, I use ultra tile products a lot and their, level it two, is a very good product is highly recommend

L

LJD

I have the Mapei renovation ready ! Tiles up tomorrow and then primed and by end of day the Level compound can go down . Ready to continue Monday .

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As above,most levellers can be tiled on after 24 hours.If tiles are solid why not stick backerboard or hardi on top to bring up the level

Reply to which self levelling ? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks