Discuss Which Cutter? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Terry the tiler

Sigma>Rubi. Pay the money the cutter will last a lifetime if looked after.
And I went for the 1005mm 3p3m
Lots of people using tiles that are over 600 these days better to be covered.
Although the cutter is a beast need to have room to use it

J

justinisaac

I asked this question a few years back, almost caused a meltdown.:laughing:
I finally lost patience with my Rubi TS60 Plus on a recent job, only cutting 500 x 250 porcelain tiles. Needed 32 tiles to tile a shower, with 16 of them being cut across the short edge. Looked like a straightforward job. Long story short, I had 8 spare tiles and all my spares were used up with the first 8 cuts at which point I had to switch to my wet cutter. The Rubi just will not break tiles cleanly along the score line.
So I did my research on this forum and finally plumped for a Sigma 3B4K Klick Klock. What a difference. The breaking system (which I honestly believe is the problem with the TS Plus series) is superb. I've been practicing on loads of spare left over tiles just to see what it can do and I even managed to snap a 12mm sliver off a 600mm porcelain tile just by taking my time with the breaker and moving it up the tile bit by bit. Incredible.
As yet almost every tile I have practiced on has snapped on the line. This machine is just excellent. Wish I had got one years ago...
I'll still keep the TS, it's great on ceramics with a fine wheel, but regarding the Sigma v Rubi debate, I think I'm firmly in the Sigma camp...
ps Thanks to all of you who give advice on this forum, it's been invaluable and much appreciated.

Reply to Which Cutter? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks