Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Where's the door to the Tilers Forums Arms? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.tilersforums.com/43-tili...s/75548-how-do-i-gain-entry-tilersforums.html

Revised on 16th December 2013

Any NEW additions to the TilersForums Arms (our pub / watering hole) will need to have 50+ posts and to prove they're an active professional wall and floor tiler.

You will need to PM one of the moderators and / or administrators who run the forum, and provide them with your full business name and address, and how long you have been trading for.

You can link us to an online directory you're subscribed to, or link us to your website, or email us in a recent copy of a receipt or invoice with you business name and address on.

We don't use these details for anything at all, or keep them on file.

I

Ian

Ash, stop whining for 5 minutes. As soon as you have done a job for a paying customer (not your mum or your nan), and your business is registered with HMRC, you will get access.

M

Mr Tiler

Secondly, as the Tilers Forums Arms is strictly for tradespeople (both new and old mind!) you'll need to prove you're working as a tradesperson currently or are seriously considering it by either sending me or Sir Ramic a PM (private message) with the link to your listing on www.findtrustedtradesmen.co.uk (free to list your business) OR if that's not your thing, send me your Name, Business Name, Business Telephone Number and Postal Address

not whining bri. the arms is full of information I havnt even touched upon yet so just want to get some access to it so I can start reading up mate

I

Ian

Well, you know what been asked for, so get it sorted. This thread is quite old and the opening post could do with being updated.

M

Mr Tiler

my point exactly bri... after 12 months thought I would have gained a little more respect then that. hope you all have a good xmas.

I

Ian

Are we just going round in circles here? I don't care what's in the first post, I've already said its a bit out of date. You have been asked to provide proof of business and that you've completed a paying job. Don't start getting shirty because you can't get your own way, I'm not in the mood for it. You aren't being treated any differently to any other member and, for what it's worth, I want to see you do well and get your career off the ground, just stop banging on about the TFA and get your business sorted.

M

Mr Tiler

but why does it need changing bri? because I have asked for access? ive given nothing but respect to all of the members on this site for months even after they took the out of me bri is that childish? kissin peoples backsides and not saying anything back? I mean I join a tile site and call myself mr tiler and it 'offends' people what was I going to call myself mr bricklayer? it was pathetic the way some of the people on here went on at me. I don't want my own way Im not a bluddy child I just wanted whats fair. was the tax man not around when the arms was created then? why do the rules need changing all of a sudden?... im goin elsewhere for my information take my profile off

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

Ash you are not a tiler, I can get cards and free line on Yell advertising as a plumber , carpenter or plasterer etc.....I can have all the tools in the world but it wont make me one of those. Maybe one day if you ever do acheive your goal then you will understand how we feel about protection of the Arms access.

As for finding out more info then I think you would be surprised that it isnt like that in there.

Q

Qwerty

So without having to read 12 pages, how do i get into the tiler forums arms?

Here it is.....

Revised on 16th December 2013

Any NEW additions to the TilersForums Arms (our pub / watering hole) will need to have 50+ posts and to prove they're an active professional wall and floor tiler.

You will need to PM one of the moderators and / or administrators who run the forum, and provide them with your full business name and address, and how long you have been trading for.

You can link us to an online directory you're subscribed to, or link us to your website, or email us in a recent copy of a receipt or invoice with you business name and address on.

We don't use these details for anything at all, or keep them on file.

S

Swin

One day I hope too find the pub door,helpful banter,required I feel
was a floor layer for too many years,always did some tile too,but last several years been mainly doing tile,now I gave acquired a sub contractor too and still doing 6 days a week,so guess I must be a pretty good professional
think I'm booked up till end of October but hard too judge now there's two of us now
anyone else work as a team as tips on that would be helpful

D

Dougs Third Go

One day I hope too find the pub door,helpful banter,required I feel
was a floor layer for too many years,always did some tile too,but last several years been mainly doing tile,now I gave acquired a sub contractor too and still doing 6 days a week,so guess I must be a pretty good professional 
think I'm booked up till end of October but hard too judge now there's two of us now
anyone else work as a team as tips on that would be helpful 
shouldn't be too long Pete, just need a few more posts, I'll put a good word in for you ;)

S

Stef

I will give you a tip, do not work with your mate & let him rip the hole.
Split everything down the middle as it should be & do it every week.
Im still owed about 6 or 7k & that's after me getting 10k already..

S

Swin

Think plan is for him too come with me on jobs that's better for 2
Just that busy it's all the time right now lol

Reply to Where's the door to the Tilers Forums Arms? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock