Discuss Where should I buy my tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Janet

Hi not sure if Forum can be used for following but here goes.... project starting Sept. Builder tells me to buy 75 sq mtr of which ever tile I like. I would love the same tile throughout. Since its the start of the project I am aiming to prevent costs spiralling at this point. Any pointers as to where I should shop... Im thinking porcelain and minimum size 60x60 - but what do I know. HELP..... thanks for reading and all guidance appreciated so much. Janet..

T

Time's Ran Out

Janet - your location says London, big place!
You need to be able to see the product your going to buy so I'd not go the online route; but prices would be good.
Personally I'd be looking for a CTD locally, a good tiler from this forum in your area and the possibility of a bit of discount for a quality product.
Good luck.

J

Janet

Hi John... Thanks... Im in SW19 and I have a builder for the project... his latest email told me to go to Topps tiles where he has a trade account. I would do this but I read some comments on this site about prices at TT? Just investigating options.... thanks again appreciate your point about avoiding online. bye.

T

Time's Ran Out

A discount on a overpriced retail price is not much of a saving.
75sq mts should get you a decent price and it will be worth checking the smaller independents as well.
I do some work for The Tile Emporium in Reigate and his showroom seems to be full of 60x60 porcelain. Not the cheapest but certainly quality.
You may have a good builder but you need to be confident of the tiling aspect of this project.

W

WetSaw

75 m2 should get you a decent discount. Just make sure that 75 m2 is enough to leave you plenty spare.

M

Matt Bott

Those 60x60 tiles change shade from manufacturer quite a lot over time spares are a must this is a picture of the same tile ordered 1 year later
IMG_1084.JPG

Reply to Where should I buy my tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks