Discuss Where can I do C&G training ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Danny@ Diamond

We obviously see things very differently Darren and that's fine.

Self Employment is not peoples option, we have many students decide to go that route and many others find jobs with companies FACT.

Also it does not state that you have to be in the trade for 2 years prior to being assessed for an NVQ Level 2. It states that you you must be occupationally competent and as I said the modules are at a very basic level. Its not about speed or tricks of the trade, you could be the slowest tiler in the world as long as your work is up to scratch then you are still entitled to pass.

I deal with assessments an a major scale all over the country and for Australia, I also hold various qualifications on assessment and education.

A 4 day course is not enough for a full career change.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Yes we do see things differently Danny, i see things as what works in the real world and it is fact that there are hundreds on here that has made a full career change from attending our short course and earning very good money, so your opinions are clearly wrong, i know you are trying to sell the concept of your longer courses and thats fine, so we'll leave it at that

T

thevinnyofoz

I understand you both and I agree with you, Im happy to take a good short coures, set up on my own and practice loads to get the skills but how soon can I be assesed for an NVQ, I need fact if possible. Is it true that I will have to have 2 years experience and is the NVQ going to cost a lot ?

D

Danny@ Diamond

I understand you both and I agree with you, Im happy to take a good short coures, set up on my own and practice loads to get the skills but how soon can I be assesed for an NVQ, I need fact if possible. Is it true that I will have to have 2 years experience and is the NVQ going to cost a lot ?

Hi Vinny,

As i said there is no fixed rule on when you can be assessed, as long as you meet the required standards fact.

NVQ level 2 should not cost more than £600, you may even qualify for funding.

All the best :thumbsup:

T

thevinnyofoz

Best get my *** in gear and get on a training course. Thinking about the YTA in Bradford, its the most local and I read a couple of good reviews. As for the NVQ, 600 squidalies is a fair price, will jump onto it when im skilled up.

T

thevinnyofoz

This is something I need to look into, two weeks seems to cover most of the training but six weeks is a big gap between pay checks so I have to find a balance.

I would prefer to do the six week course though.

D

Dale44

I remember learning how to drive, especially when I did a hgv class 1.
Great with an instructor sitting next to me. Even on the test, driving slowly and carefully to show the examiner I was a competent driver.
I couldn't get a job anywhere after passing although there was a shortage of class 1 drivers. I managed to get myself onto a placement course through the unemployment office for a month.
I thought that I was as qualified as anyone else and felt confident about driving a 38 ton articulated lorry.
First time out with a full load and no instructor next to me, I nealy myself.
Training courses and centres are great places to learn the basics but after passing these courses you start to learn.
Good luck which ever way you go.

Reply to Where can I do C&G training ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks