Discuss When things go WRONG: Why we get called out to jobs to rescue clients with bodge job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Aqua Tiling

Re: When things go WRONG: Why we get called out to jobs to rescue clients with bodge

do u know how many holes per bit????

F

faithhealer

Re: When things go WRONG: Why we get called out to jobs to rescue clients with bodge

Depends on the tiles obviously but had my kit about 18 mths and only replaced the 8mm ones. Mainly ceramics and trav though, not much porcelain

D

Deleted member 1779

On Porcelain tiles about 40 holes per pack (10 holes per drill bit) on the SMALL cores at 6mm and 8mm

tile_drill18.jpg

PLUS... The drills dont just blow like a lightbulb on hole ten.

You can get more life out of them it just takes longer to drill the holes. On average about another 5 holes per drill bit is the total lifespan on HARDEST porcelain tiles taking it up to near 15

kit6mm3.jpg

ABOUT 40 TO 60 HOLES PER PACK on the small cores.

(10 TO 15 HOLES PER DRILL)

Remember to drill slowly, use water and dont push the drills.

On Granite you can double the number of holes to about 80 per pack.

On Soft Ceramic tiles you can expect 100 holes per drill bit.

Dsc07746.jpg

On soft ceramics 100 holes per drill bit is easily achievable simply because
there is no work for the diamond holesaw to do. Once you break the
glaze then the drill hits the powder soft clay behind and takes the hole
out in seconds. And with perfect results on Porcelain & Ceramics.

Under test conditions at:
pblogo.gif

The bigger core drills

professional_builder3.jpg

At least twenty holes per drill at the larger sizes (more diamonds - longer life)

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colour Republic

Bye bye Federi !

Those glass tiles in the first post:drool5::drool5::drool5: anybody know who they are by?

Reaction score

Deffo look the part these 365 drill bits and super highly reccommended on TF:thumbsup:

M

marcel

great post! straight to365 me thinks:lol:

M

mikethetile

Bye bye Federi !

Those glass tiles in the first post:drool5::drool5::drool5: anybody know who they are by?

tile art at hockliffe in beds stock them

ill nip in and see if they will tell me the maker

if they wont ill get tile arts details for you

C

Colour Republic

tile art at hockliffe in beds stock them

ill nip in and see if they will tell me the maker

if they wont ill get tile arts details for you

Thanks Mike that is very kind of you. That's why I love this forum... great members:thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

Fonud the thread!!

Tiles are by Dune by the way and called Madagascar Glass if anybody is interested. Been wanting to use these in a bathroom since I saw them. Gonna spec them for a client... hope they like them :fingerscrossed'

B

Bolter

I am still on my first pack, purchased nearly 3 years ago probably. Granted I havent really use them with Porcelain, and only really break em out for stone/marble jobs, but the little blighters still keep grinding away :)

edit: damn this thread is old! Just realised the date :yikes:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1779

But still a relevent comment !

Reply to When things go WRONG: Why we get called out to jobs to rescue clients with bodge job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks