Discuss What's the best/fastest small tiler cutter? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

llevram

TF
Reaction score
I seem to be getting a lot of kitchens so I'm in the market for a smaller tile cutter as I'm using a ts60. Any suggestions welcome. Cheers

B

Blunt Tool

IMG_0131.JPG
Is this a rubi ts30 ? :)

T

Tile Shop

Wow. Thats one of the very early original Rubi cutters from the 50's or 60's maybe? We have someone local who had one a while back, brought it in to show us. He got his hands on it around 1980 on a market in Barcelona. But it wasn't in a good condition as that one, so he dismantled it, sanded the wood and varnished it, cleaned all the metal up. Looked mint! Don't know if he still has it but haven't seen him in a while to ask, but i'll see if I can get a pic :)

llevram

TF
Reaction score
Anyone on here use a sigma 7f standard that's willing to give a quick review? I'm very tempted but only ever used Rubi twin twin cutters. Also used a montolit quick a few times but annoying that you can see the pencil marks. I'm assuming this is the same for sigma? I do wonder though why a new sigma 7f is so cheap and the Rubi TS 30/40 equivalent is well over double the price?!!!

llevram

TF
Reaction score
Anyone on here use a sigma 7f standard that's willing to give a quick review? I'm very tempted but only ever used Rubi twin twin cutters. Also used a montolit quick a few times but annoying that you can see the pencil marks. I'm assuming this is the same for sigma? I do wonder though why a new sigma 7f is so cheap and the Rubi TS 30/40 equivalent is well over double the price?!!!
*twin rail cutter

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have a f7 standard series and it's like a sigma cutter just no hight adjustment on the rail but it's only 70 quid take a punt

L

LM

I'd advise you to go for the Sigma Art 6, it has got a wider base and is slightly heavier therefore it's much more stable than the Art 7F.

Reply to What's the best/fastest small tiler cutter? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks