Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss what should i do about the price if the job takes less time than i thought in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

J

Joe Cogan

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Ive got my first professional job coming up soon and ive quoted them £200, but what if it takes less time to do the job than anticipated? should i lower the price or keep it the same ad tell them i quoted for the amount of work done not the amount of time it took?

OP
O

One Day

If you've delivered a great job, done properly and the customer is happy with it, then don't reduce your final price. Be happy that you've made a decent profit.
Believe me, in this game there are plenty of long, drawn out, painful jobs where you'll deserve much more than you've quoted for or indeed you'll get!
Swings and roundabouts...

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Price for the job not for the time it takes. Some jobs will be quicker some will be slower and all are subject to the unexpected. Dot sell yourself short you are providing he client with a service and it's easy to be too cheap.

OP
W

WetSaw

Small jobs tend to be disproportionately expensive as your "standing" expenses are the same ( traveling, van, tools etc ) so form a larger percentage of the overall cost. Plus the fact that the "2 hour job" has actually cost you at least half a day by the time you've loaded your van, travelled to and from, collected materials, etc,etc.

OP
D

Dumbo

I do agree with most comments on here . But if the job takes significantly less time than you allowed for and you have something else to go to ie half a day instead of a whole day and you have another job you can go to and still earn the rest of your days money . I would not have a problem charging them half a day particularly when trying to develop your business . They are then going to tell their friends how reasonable you were and you actually charged less than you quoted.

Reply to what should i do about the price if the job takes less time than i thought in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock