Discuss What grout for wetroom floors? discuss! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

JMC tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to get a feel for what types/make of grouts everyone is using on wetroom floors? I have a done a few wetrooms over the past couple of years and have used Bal micromax and weber without any issues as far as I am aware, however, I have one to do in a few weeks and was wondering if epoxy grout is a better option? never used it before and am aware it can be a more difficult application but have also noticed that it seems it is for grout joints that are over 3mm (mapei kerapoxy specifically), is that correct? Also I understand that it isn't flexible so could be an issue on a timber based floor?

Cheers, John J.M.C Tiling

A

AndY mac

image.jpg
This one done on Thursday with grout 3000 natural grey. Grout was still fresh when pictured.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Joint pro.
Cleans off easilly. Like mappai, I use the full bag and exactly the ammount of water specified. When it starts to go off in the bucket, just mix it again.

J

J Sid

I use all Ardex grout now for everything....
did my wet room at home 12 years ago with Ardex C2 without add mix on ufh wires and all is fine expect 1 joint where head drips on this joint and has eaten it down about 5mm, so a job to do..
So Ardex tried and tested. :)

H

hmtiling

I'm probably gonna get shot down for this but i'm not keen on how Grout 3000 sets. It seems soft in comparison to UCP and others.

JMC tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
:eek:
Used to always be Mapei ucp, then Bal mm2 and now Grout 3000 but am thinking of going back to Mapei:eek:
So you don't see that epoxy is necessary on these installs? I'm not sure I do really as a lot of the cement grouts mentioned are top quality

A

Aston

the epoxy will have an advantage over the cement based grout because it will resist the build up of bacteria and mold growth.

Reply to What grout for wetroom floors? discuss! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks