Discuss What cutters best for newbie to the trade in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Cheers guys, great help so far. Is there a decent blade to get me going you would recommend? I've read through some of the other threads but not sure on what's best or if there is such a thing as a do it all blade.

Reaction score
Hope guys, cheers for the help so far. Little update, ive now purchased the sigma 2g and am ready to order a 3c2k. Also got the Bosch grinder and a ats turbo x blade to go with it. Now lastly I was going to purchase a vitrex wetsaw but a lot of people on here seem to rate the briccolina very highly so almost set on ordering one of these. I have a small bathroom to do (first real job) and I like the thought of being able to set it up with me instead of having to pop outside to do any cuts with the grinder.
Thanks again Richy

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've been using the virtex one for years (domestic work only) and never had a problem.
For me it's all about the blade in it, CPC PRO blade in it now and has sailed through everything.
Considered the ruby nd200 buts its around £230 dearer and for me it was a case of don't change if it works.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's hard really, I hatred and still hate the virtex wet cutters , I find with a steady hand and a good blade a grinder will do a just as good if not better job .

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
20160910_164015.jpg
20160910_164038.jpg
20160910_164038.jpg

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Tried the grinder on the last job and find it slows me down and I'm just not keen on it.
Wet cutters next to me and with the grinder it's outside to cut or invest in a decent extraction system and I don't know if they are any good tbh.
Would consider getting a curved blade for shower quadrants mind I've mastered the art of doing them and can do it on the wet cutter in no time.
Think the OP is new to the trade, maybe best with a wet cutter as I think using a grinder it may be easier to run of line or chip tiles if doing it for the first time and you will probably be stressed enough lol you could buy a cheap grinder and decent blade as you will need it at some stage and a few old tiles/cuts and practise to see what suits you best

Reaction score
Cheers guys. Will take it all onboard. I have a few boxes of old floor tiles in the garage that I plan on cutting up for practice. Not 100% sure what they are as not looked at them for years but should give me a bit of practice using a few different methods anyway.

T

Tile Shop

Tried the grinder on the last job and find it slows me down and I'm just not keen on it.
Wet cutters next to me and with the grinder it's outside to cut or invest in a decent extraction system and I don't know if they are any good tbh.
Would consider getting a curved blade for shower quadrants mind I've mastered the art of doing them and can do it on the wet cutter in no time.
Think the OP is new to the trade, maybe best with a wet cutter as I think using a grinder it may be easier to run of line or chip tiles if doing it for the first time and you will probably be stressed enough lol you could buy a cheap grinder and decent blade as you will need it at some stage and a few old tiles/cuts and practise to see what suits you best

Haven't done much tiling as still at the learning stage, but i have found that my grinder has been by far my most used form of cutting. Straight cuts, angled cuts, curves. My rig consists of a verrrrrry basic draper grinder and a cheapy porcelain wheel. Add a grinding cup to the mix for getting rid of old addy and still i've spent less than £45. But would have been very stuck without it.

Reply to What cutters best for newbie to the trade in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks