Discuss What Can Dewalt Do For Tilers .? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
what would you like @DEWALT to make or do for tilers...?

Would say a 9 amp hr battery /240v /110v tile cutter be of interest...

List your suggestions...

I ask as I was chatting to Roy the dewalt rep and he wondered what dewalt could make for tilers.

O

Old Mod

A wet/dry cutter made in a similar fashion to a festool ts55 with a complete shroud for dry cutting, millimetre setting on cut depth, and mitre cutting.
.....and for the same money! :)

A

Alan M

A wet/dry cutter made in a similar fashion to a festool ts55 with a complete shroud for dry cutting, millimetre setting on cut depth, and mitre cutting.
.....and for the same money! :)
festool make a plunge angle grinder that runs on the track

O

Old Mod

festool make a plunge angle grinder that runs on the track

Is this it?
Diamond cutting system DSC-AG 125 FH-Plus 769954

Looks impressive I must say, I'd like something larger tho.
I have Rubi's TC180 and I'm very happy with it, it has its limitations tho, the main problems being insufficient dust extraction and no mitre facility.

I want something that can do this
image.jpg

image.jpg

For reasons I won't bore u with (not my floor tho) I was brought in to repair this floor, and part of that process was expose a broken UFH cable.
I managed to do most of the cut lines with my Rubi TC 180 and the depth gauge worked well but took time to set it accurately.
However, because it wasn't at full cut depth the shroud was not in the down position because it rises and falls with the blade.
This caused an enormous amount of dust that I couldn't control and this was a extremely valuable lived in property in Fulham, not ideal!
The rest I did with my Flex and dust extraction hose held separately, again not ideal, whilst the dust extraction was more successful I couldn't risk plunging too deep!
So I want something that will do the job, it needs next to perfect dust extraction, which can be accomplished with a fixed shroud, and something with millimetre perfect cut adjustment!

I don't think that's too much to ask for, do you? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Alan M

Is this it?
Diamond cutting system DSC-AG 125 FH-Plus 769954

Looks impressive I must say, I'd like something larger tho.
I have Rubi's TC180 and I'm very happy with it, it has its limitations tho, the main problems being insufficient dust extraction and no mitre facility.

I want something that can do this
View attachment 73873

View attachment 73875

For reasons I won't bore u with (not my floor tho) I was brought in to repair this floor, and part of that process was expose a broken UFH cable.
I managed to do most of the cut lines with my Rubi TC 180 and the depth gauge worked well but took time to set it accurately.
However, because it wasn't at full cut depth the shroud was not in the down position because it rises and falls with the blade.
This caused an enormous amount of dust that I couldn't control and this was a extremely valuable lived in property in Fulham, not ideal!
The rest I did with my Flex and dust extraction hose held separately, again not ideal, whilst the dust extraction was more successful I couldn't risk plunging too deep!
So I want something that will do the job, it needs next to perfect dust extraction, which can be accomplished with a fixed shroud, and something with millimetre perfect cut adjustment!

I don't think that's too much to ask for, do you? :D

not far off Diamond cutting system DSC-AG 125 - DSC-AG 125 Plus
that works on a rail

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aston

Dewalt have scraped the hand held wet saw, the dwc410.
That was a good saw, it just needed a bit more time and exposure.

Cost effective saw, just needed a rail and a few little tweeks and it would have been an essential tool for every tiler.

Maybe dewalt could look at doing a decent wet table saw too.

Reply to What Can Dewalt Do For Tilers .? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks