Discuss What acrylic primer? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

antdad

Happy new year gents.

I'll soon be fixing very large tiles on water resistant plasterboard, is the Mapei acrylic primer from Screwfix okay or what would you recommend?

Regards

A

antdad

What adhesive do you recommend for a large wall tile (90 x 30cm) seems the Mapei ady I was thinking of using isn't suitable.

I

Italy

Mapei Keraflex C2TE / Keraflex Maxi s1, needs no for plasterboard primer.
plasterboard course, not the skimmed.
I am sure, because I contacted Mapei 10 years ago, for 7 marble bathrooms, bathrooms are still in place.
Then, a primer coat does not hurt.
Now do not scold ;)
90x30 mapei keraflex maxi s1 for me.

D

Dumbo

I've never known a situation where priming is detrimental to the work even if not specified as a necessity

D

Dumbo

I'm pretty sure bal don't recommend using primer on ply (the tiled surface) when using bal single part fast flex...
They might not specify it as required but I bet if you asked them if it was OK to do they would say you can if you want .

D

Dumbo

I've looked at bal spec . Yes your right interestingly although telling to prime as you say it's only on wall application they say do not prime so I don't understand why that should be any different to the floor . I think a call to technical is required to explain why.

A

antdad

Anybody have an idea where I can get the above Mapei ady from? I'm Heathrow and the nearest I can find is Builders Depot Park Lane, thanks

Reply to What acrylic primer? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks