Discuss wetroom floor with wedi - envelope the tiles still? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

WetSaw

As you say, he chose them so he'll have to live with them! I just do what I'm asked to do, I only advise clients if something they want done won't be functional not that I don't like the colour or design of something.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Maybe I overstepped the mark when I said a discarded corn plaster wouldn't look amiss! :D

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
2nd fix complete and I've been paid!! Waiting on a glass screen and sparky to be totally done but no rush as builders still need to finish ground works to connect soil stack to drains.

IMG-20160819-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20160819-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20160819-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20160819-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20160819-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20160819-WA0007.jpg

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
macten... Great job as always! Personally as soon as I seen the post I didn't expect anything less from yourself.

However.... I feel bad from saying it but feek it. why wasn't that socket at the boxing in not put at one of the boxing in returns? My ocd is currently going into overdrive!

Other than that fantastic job. My ocd is currently swearing at me and calling me names though.... lol :)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Don't ignore the OCD it'll eat you up!!!
Regarding the shaver socket I just put it where the customer asked me to put it, if I'm honest I never gave it a second thought.
When you say 'one of the returns' do you mean you think it would be better to put it on one of the sides?

Like this:

9.jpg

Last edited:
A

AndY mac

image.jpg
Lovely work ma ten. The only thing I don't like is the wall hung pot is going straight on tile. I template some ply and all the weight transfers threw the ply you have no problems at a later date of tiles cracking especially ceramics or natural stone. IMO.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I like that Andy - makes sense. That's not thin ply stuck over the tiles is it?
Assume you choose correct thickness of ply to finish flush with tile face then tile around?

O

One Day

I've been fixing Gerberit wc's for years and had zero cracks.
If the board over the frame is stable i.e. 18mm ply or even 20mm kerdi / wedi board bonded to the steel, and you have a solid bed of adhesive - it won't crack anything.
Soft tiles, Spot fixing or wobbly pans cause cracks.
Doesn't your ply leave a gap behind the pan?

A

AndY mac

Oh you insinuating i dot and dab. No seriously I draw round pot and cut just inside line once pot fitted you don't see anything. It's maybe overkill but some tiles get stressed cutting round such shapes and fractures the eye can't see so even if well bedded in such weight that transverse threw these pots will possibly give. Just hate having to go back on work.

Reply to wetroom floor with wedi - envelope the tiles still? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks