Discuss Wetroom Advice in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

barrica

Hello All,

First time posting but hoping the wealth of experience on here will be able to point me in the right direction.

We're re-doing a bedroom ensuite and I'm contemplating turning it into a wetroom as per my boss's (wife's) request. Currently we have an old shower tray in which will need to be pulled out anyway.
Ive done a little research and come across a number of wetroom kits that supply a wetroom deck, membrane, sealer, etc etc. Im a competent DIYer but wondered if anyone had any experience in fitting these kits. The specific example I had in mind was the Aquadry standard level access kit.

Aquadry Wetroom Weztone Products

It retails around £400, which I don't personally think is too bad, but any advice and/or expereince fitting them would be much appreciated. The videos make it look easy, but then they would, and I couldn't find many reviews on the product out there.

Thanks in advance

Chris

P

p4ulo

There's loads of products, and the list is growing all the time.
Do some You-Tube research, all the decent companies want to show how easy it is to fit their kits there's some cracking bits out there.
I used a SCHLUTER KERDI Shower Kit earlier in the year to do my own wetroom (more like a huge shower room) and it was a totally fool-proof piece of kit. I'm a DIYer most of the time, except when someone offers to pay me to tile a bathroom for them, and I found the instructions and videos excellent.
Also, kits from:
ORBRY, MARMOX, KASKADE, IMPEY etc, but there are loads.

Good luck.
Main points I learned is in the prep. Try to get the tray level with the floor etc, and try to get the plumbing to all line up so that you don't need to build the floor up to provide waste fall. Pictures along your journey please....

O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum Chris.

Personally don't know that system, however if want a product line that is easy to install (and happens to be one one the best on the market)
Check this companies products.
It'll give you something to compare to.
There are, I'm sure you are aware, many systems out there!
They also have many instruction videos too like this one from our own media section in the above menu.

Schluter®-DITRA Installation over Plywood

Bathrooms, Washrooms And Wetroom | Schlüter-Systems

B

barrica

Wow, thanks for the speedy response p4ulo, much appreciated.

I'll continue researching!

Cheers

P

p4ulo

I've watched that video before, and it looks like a decent system.
They are all pretty similar IMHO, personally SCHLUTER gets my vote!

Reaction score
Any specific tech queries with our system and we'll happy advise. (should you choose ours)
Good luck. Either way be great to see the finished wetroom when you're done.

B

barrica

Thank you all, much appreciated.

AliGage, Im based in Whittlesey, around 5-6 miles outside Peterborough.

Reply to Wetroom Advice in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks