Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Wet Room Design in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

A

AnneFlm

Please checkout the following advertisement.
We are planning to build a wet room in our house. I have consulted with the people who are doing home renovation about including a wet room in our house. They have started making the designs that would suit our home and we will have to select one from the designs. What are the criteria to be kept in mind while selecting a design for wet room?

OP
R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

well good question .so what do you look for .

1 how many have they done before .
2 what ventalion have they aloud
3 with or without under floor heating
4 what glass size have they aloud to keep water in place
5 have they put the drain over the shower head were you will be standing cutting the water flow by 60%
6 are the tiles you have chosen for a wet room praticale
7 easy clean waste

just a few to get you started

OP
O

One Day

I consider myself to be very experienced in designing and installing bathrooms - specifically with wet areas.
My main advice to you would be to see past the design and look to the function first.
There are many "experts" and designers who can easily sell a nice looking design and leave the functional aspect to whoever they subcontract the installation to.
Please - look for function over form.
Remember that a wet-room / wet-area should be able to be used safely without any tiles.

OP
O

One Day

Well in that case same applies. Except they'll probably still be using hot mop and other weirdnesses which are way outside my skill set.

OP
C

Colour Republic

Looks like the op is an interiors blogger, although the image comes up against a few names not just Anne Fleming. My guess is she wrote the piece for avonlea.

Reply to Wet Room Design in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock