Discuss Weight limit on painted plasterboard in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

It's suggesting you stick the board onto the wall with tile adhesive only, and you can use fasterners temporarily. I assume it means on to plaster

O

One Day

I've stuck Wedi and Kerdi onto blocks without backing up with fasteners, but on a skimmed wall or a render I was unsure of, I'd want fasteners in also!

F

Flintstone

That's what they are suggesting tho isn't it? Does it spread the weight of the tiles out, essentially making it like one large weight mass instead of individual tiles

O

Old Mod

It's suggesting you stick the board onto the wall with tile adhesive only, and you can use fasterners temporarily. I assume it means on to plaster
That's American Andy.
Things are done differently for all sorts of reasons.

F

Flintstone

How can something like that be so different ??
It does make sense, can some one find out ? Your a connected man Marc!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dumbo

To my mind on a skimmed wall you would need mechanical back up or else you just as well tile straight onto the skim .
By the way any body considered how horrible some of this work is going to be to take apart when someone wants to change their Tiles

F

Flintstone

It makes sense to me that it spreads the tile load out when you stick a board on, I don't do over boarding etc but it's something I'm interested in offering.

P

Perry

Take the plasterboard down and replace it with new. Would this be the easiest and cheapest option?

Reply to Weight limit on painted plasterboard in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks