Discuss We all make the occasional mistake in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm currently doin a bathroom in travertine and tried to lay the ditra today using tilemaster lightweight standard set which ive just started using this job and .......... it just wouldn't stick to the fleece backing at all I had to use some weber spf which stuck like the proverbial poo to a blanket

O

One Day

It's just because it takes an unusually long time to achieve full bond strength.
Similar to the observations (moaning) recently about Anhyfix - that too only achieves full bond after a couple of days. But HECK - it really does stick well --- eventually.

H

hmtiling

I was really worried about using Kerakoll h40 ideal with durabase as it didn't seemed to have bonded that well the next day. Had to remove a tile on the same job a couple of weeks later and I struggled to separate the 2.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
No this stuff just don't stick at all the fleece back just compresses the addy but the add won't take to the back of the ditra at all and I used the same trowel and the same roller I always use

O

One Day

No this stuff just don't stick at all the fleece back just compresses the addy but the add won't take to the back of the ditra at all and I used the same trowel and the same roller I always use

Honestly now - how long did you leave it before trying to lift the Ditra?

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As I lay I always lift to check coverage and the coverage would of bin spot on if it had stuck to the fleece
Just imagine if the ditra was greasy or dusty that's the best way to explain it

U

Unused Account 1

I put ditra down last week used slow set without thinking .always use rapid set flexi on ditra

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Slow set is fine I used the tilemaster lightweight standard set and there sumat about it it just won't bond to the fleece

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
This may or may not sound stupid but I usually lay ditra and walk all over the top of it. Really helps it to bed in and get a grip of the mat.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have a kahndean flooring roller I use to embed it it works a treat

Screenshot_2016-09-17-18-51-11.png

Reply to We all make the occasional mistake in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks