Discuss Warmup Underfloor Not Getting Hot in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Boothy01

Hi my bathroom has underfloor heating and i had some work done in bathroom and now its not heating up the control panel says it is bt nothing any help would be good

I

Ian

Hello mate. What work have you had done? Anything that could have damaged the wire or thermostat?

B

Boothy01

Hi we have had a shower fitted in corner no floor tiles where moved as had quadrent raser kit there are no error codes showing it thinks its heating up

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd do a continuity test on the cables going to the thermostat first of all. I assume it was working fine the shower went in? Best guess is something has upset it during that installation. Nothing been drilled into the floor or wall near where the cables go up to the stat?

B

Boothy01

Hi thanks not good at this the thermostat is in the airing cupboard and the wires go under floor boards to bathroom there is a white thin wire which i think is a temp probe if i get a plug and wire straight to plug will it heat up to test no breakege

B

Boothy01

Just got home and remembered had toilet moved to other wall plumber used. Fixing kit could the screws go thou it not shure what size they was

B

Boothy01

If i move toilet out and remove the 2 tiles can i wire it back together and would u say this would cause this problem as the digital display dosent show a error

B

Boothy01

Hi i will move cable if this is problem as tiles are big and got spare but can it be wired bk together thanks

J

J Sid

Warmup offer a repair service, was a couple of hundred pounds I think. Your plumber should be picking up the bill, if it was him that coursed the problem.
Before your go down that road get a local electrician, again your plumber will have someone he uses, to test the wires first.

B

Boothy01

Well moved toilet and tile and yes plumber gone through with a screw i have wired together but still nothing i am just swisting them to see if heats up but nothing any idea cant be wired wrong can it

I

Ian

Well moved toilet and tile and yes plumber gone through with a screw i have wired together but still nothing i am just swisting them to see if heats up but nothing any idea cant be wired wrong can it
I'm surprised the thermostat isn't showing an error, they usually do. Twisting the wire together could still cause a short, it needs to be repaired properly before you can determine if that is your issue.

Reply to Warmup Underfloor Not Getting Hot in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks