Discuss Wall Tiles Used As Floor Tiles in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

john anderson

Hi.
Just wondering if anybody has had any issues with a certain range of Johnson tiles.

It says on the box that they can be used on walls/floors but they don't seem very hard to me. They just feel and look like wall tiles

I have been back to few of the jobs where they have been used and I can see hairline cracks appearing on them.

They have been put down the same as we do any other tile with correct adhesive, grout and floor prep ect. Been doing this 16 years now and it's just this last 1 maybe 2 years that I started seeming this type of tile.

Thanks for any info, John

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
I had this and Johnsons assured me the tiles were fine on the floor due the high firing temp. Not been back to look though.

Diggy

J

john anderson

The wording is misleading , it is Johnsons wall and floor tiles , as in they make wall and floor tiles but that doesn't mean the white biscuit tiles are suitable for floors.

Yeah these ones are sold as been useable on walls and floors. Homebase have them in the brochure as both.

Spoke to CTD lads today and they thought the same as me but said Johnsons say they are ok. They are really soft like. And like you said biscuity.

radim

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i had them on 50 m2 floor over heating wire - Topps said it was ok to use them. not heard about any problems yet...

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I refuse to fit them on floors....
Any problems with them once there fitted they will be blaming you not the suppliers.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The wording is misleading , it is Johnsons wall and floor tiles , as in they make wall and floor tiles but that doesn't mean the white biscuit tiles are suitable for floors.

They are saying there suitable for floors.
If you read the box it even says its suitable for kitchen floors!!.....unbelievable really.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
They are saying there suitable for floors.
If you read the box it even says its suitable for kitchen floors!!.....unbelievable really.

Naughty , I haven't seen those boxes.

How thick are these tiles. ? , I've used some BCT ones but they were 10mm and not some 8mm or thinner I have seen.

It's the ones that you can tell it just wall tiles I'm on about.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
[QUOTEI"DavidHoweTiling, post: 776885, member: 43777"]Naughty , I haven't seen those boxes.

How thick are these tiles. ? , I've used some BCT ones but they were 10mm and not some 8mm or thinner I have seen.

It's the ones that you can tell it just wall tiles I'm on about.[/QUOTE]

It's a difficult situation everything about them are telling you there a wall tile but on the box there saying walls and floors inc kitchen floors.
The ones I have seen are johnson 10mm thick white biscuit, B&Q sell them, wickes infact most of the sheds do.
Maybe they are fine to use on the floor but if you showed the tile to any decent tile supplier they would tell you its a wall tile.

Reply to Wall Tiles Used As Floor Tiles in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks