Discuss Vynil floor to wall seal in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I understand the possible problems being stated and also realise the limitations of a plastic stick on skirt hence my suggestion merely to improve the aesthetics. My understanding is that the room is already tanked. Surely a perfectly prepped, tanked wet room is watertight before the addition of the finishing detail ie tiles, panels etc.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
One problem if you did get a small leak at wall to floor joint and Im not sure if we are talking about same thing the wet wall panels could fail as it would absorb water
The panels are solid plastic, so no problem with water.
I'm probably going to go with the usual "ugly" transition trim. Shame it only comes in white!
Just trying to make it less like a hospital.

T

Tile Shop

What about, flooring to the wall, Keba tanking tape over the join (fixed with Kerdi Coll), fit a Schluter Dilex AHKA over the top and bring the plastic wall covering down to fit, filling the allocated joint in the trim with a matching silicone to the wall panel?
http://www.schluter.co.uk/media/schlueter_db_4_21_dilex_ahk_uk_0812.pdf

Or Genesis do a cove that would sit over the join:
Internal Trim EWA - http://genesis-gs.com/products/metal-tile-trim/internal-trim-2/internal-trim-ewa

Just a thought but would look way nicer than captile or silicone, and the keba is for additional protection. Belts'n'braces :)

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Or just cove the vinyl up the wall how it should be done, fit and forget rather than trying to silicone everywhere and keeping your fingers crossed

Reply to Vynil floor to wall seal in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks