Discuss Victorian porcelian tiles to be sealed/enhanced in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

Lcfclcfc

Can colour enhancer be used on victorian porcelian tiles? and which is a good one to use?

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
As above, are they a Victorian unglazed dust pressed ceramic, or a porcelain , if porcelain ,porosity around 0.05 an impregnating colour enhancer will not penetrate this and will sit only in the surface pores this could then traffic or go patchy with maintenance fairly quickly , not recommended
Pics would be good

L

Lcfclcfc

IMG_1319.JPG

S

Spacey

Victorian style design tiles are now available from Amtico and shortly also Karndean No treatment required
Game changer ! o_O

B

Blunt Tool

Been doing these patterns for years
This will save me cutting it down my self

(Lino is completely different Is made of wood pulp and rapesead oil)
So is Amtico from the Old Amtico tree and Karndean from the Old Karndean quarry or are they both crude oil based products? So you basically are offering to install a by product of crude oil :)

Reply to Victorian porcelian tiles to be sealed/enhanced in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks